Prometheus Real Estate Group, the largest private owner of multifamily properties in the San Francisco Bay Area, is proud to announce its regional and brand-wide nonprofit partnerships for 2015 through its Our Front POrCH (Promethean Outreach and Community Help) volunteer program. Committed to creating volunteer opportunities for employees and those who call Prometheus apartments home, the company is adopting six organizations that support a variety of important causes – homelessness, housing, LGBT youth, outdoor sports for the disabled, animal adoption and building better communities.
"A volunteer program within a company isn't a new idea," said Jackie Safier, president at Prometheus. "The company came together to carefully select these organizations, which was really important to us. We are also inviting the more than 25,000 people living in our communities to volunteer with us, side by side, to amplify the impact."
This year, each region where Prometheus owns and operates communities voted on a cause to support, as well as at the brand level. These partnerships are:
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento: A local nonprofit affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, the mission is to put love into action by bringing people together to build hope, homes and communities. Prometheans of Sacramento region will be building a house for a new 14-home community in Sacramento.
- Humane Society Silicon Valley: An independent nonprofit animal shelter, HSSV offers quality adoptions, affordable spaying/neutering, vaccinations, pet care services and more. Prometheans of the Silicon Valley property region will partner with this organization to support pet adoption and assist with fundraising.
- Lava Mae: A project of Tides Center, this group seeks to deliver dignity and opportunity for the homeless population in San Francisco through mobile showers in retired public transportation buses. Prometheans at the company's home office will raise money for the cause.
- Oregon Humane Society: Committed to ending "petlessness," the society is the largest in the Northwest and adopts more animals than any other shelter on the West Coast. Prometheus' Portland communities are excited to partner with this outstanding organization to raise money for the shelter.
- Outdoors for All: A nonprofit that enriches the lives of children and adults with disabilities through outdoor recreation. Prometheans of Seattle will volunteer their time to raise money for this important cause.
- The Trevor Project: This leading national organization provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ young people ages 13 to 24. Prometheus' Southern California communities aim to raise funds and bring awareness about suicide prevention to their communities and beyond.
The Promethean Outreach and Community Help program, "Our Front POrCH," is Prometheus Real Estate Group's volunteer program. The once small and mighty program founded in 2009 has since grown to include the 26,000 Neighbors who call Prometheus home, as well as garnering tremendous support from the community for the causes we adopt. Prometheus often supports causes that support homelessness, housing, and building better communities, and the company is passionate about making an impact.
Prometheus Real Estate Group is the largest private owner of multifamily properties in the San Francisco Bay Area with a growing portfolio of more than 13,000 metropolitan-area apartments in the Bay Area, Seattle, Portland and Los Angeles communities. Since its inception in 1965, Prometheus has specialized in the acquisition, development and management of high quality residential and commercial properties throughout the Western United States. Prometheus has a long history of award-winning approaches to development, management and general excellence. Its philosophy is centered on making the apartment experience more fun and interesting while providing a true sense of home. For more information, visit prometheusreg.com.