Pausing your lease application
If you want to pause mid-application, that’s okay. The system remembers where you left off and will return you to the exact same spot when you log in and click Continue.
Make a mistake on your application? No problem. Get in touch with the leasing office—we’re always here to help.
If your application wasn’t approved, don’t fret. We’ll gladly accept a qualified guarantor for your Home if you need a little help meeting our income criteria.
To apply with a guarantor, just include them during the online leasing process by following these steps:
- Click “Add Co-signer” on the first application page.
- Fill in the guarantor contact information.
- Click “Save & Continue.”
- Your guarantor will be sent an email prompting them to complete the online application.
Please note: Your guarantor has to individually meet all qualification guidelines.
Paying move-in balance by check
- Bring a personal check or cashier’s check to the Leasing Office on or before your move-in date.
- Make your check payable to your Neighborhood's name.
- Be sure to specify your new apartment number in the “Notes” area.
Acceptable proof of income
Paycheck stubs or statements reflecting one month of income are acceptable proof of income. Calculations are based off gross income (bonuses excluded). If you’re paid biweekly, we’ll need two pay stubs.
Another acceptable proof of income is a signed offer letter on company letterhead, verifying starting salary and employment starting within 60 days of scheduled move-in date.
For liquid assets, acceptable proof of income is bank statements for assets reflecting the three most recent, consecutive months.
Qualifying income for a household is (3/2.5) times the total monthly rent (3/2.5) x monthly rent, or liquid assets equal to (3/2.5) years of the monthly rent (36/30) x monthly rent).
Income submitted must exactly match income verification documents you will provide during the leasing process. Bonuses are excluded.
Paying move-in balance online
- Log into Active Building (our online leasing portal).
- Go to “Sign & Pay” on Step 4.
- Select to pay “Total Balance Due” or “Other Amount.”
- Enter your payment information.
- Click “Save & Continue.”
Odds and Ends
What to bring on (or before) move-in day
All neighbors ages 18 and up will be required to sign the lease (online or in the leasing office). We’ll also need proof of renters insurance policy beginning on or before move-in day, which includes the following:
- New address
- Names of all lease holding occupants
- Policy number
- Term dates
- $100k in personal liability
- Water backup coverage
- Pet liability if applicable
Finally, you’ll need an electric utility account number in your name and all pet documentation (if a pet is a part of your household).